Ricotta Crostini with Honey-Roasted Pears | Recipe for Quick Appetizer with Thyme and Honey
Goat's cheese and pears are the perfect combination in this delicious recipe
You will need pears that are firm, yet sweet and slightly tart. Super-ripe pears will turn mushy when cooked.
30g pine nuts
5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to finish
1 garlic clove, peeled
4 large slices sourdough bread, 1.5cm thick
3 semi-ripe pears (unpeeled)
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
120g good-quality goat’s cheese, crumbed
Chervil leaves to garnish
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place the pine nuts, 4 tbsp of the olive oil, the garlic, a pinchof salt and some black pepper in a food processor and work to a coarse, wet paste.
2. With a brush, apply it to one side of each slice of bread. Lay slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until gently coloured. Remove and cool slightly.
3. While the bread is in the oven, prepare the pears. With a sharp knife, trim off a few millimetres of skin from each end. Cut each pear lengthways into four thick slices and remove the core. Place the slices in a bowl with the remaining oil, the sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Toss gently.
4. Place a ridged griddle pan on a high heat until piping hot. Lay the pearslices gently in the pan and leave for about a minute on each side to make char marks. Turn carefully and then remove.
5. Arrange the pear slices and cheese over the toasts, allowing them to overlap. Place in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts slightly, then remove.
6. Garnish the crostini with chervil leaves, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.
Video: Pear & Gorgonzola Crostini Recipe
Overview of the Low-Carb and Low-Fat Dukan Diet
How to Improve Your American Driving Skills
These are the 10 things your other half hates about you
How to Make a Bunker in Preparation for a Nuclear War
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
The Easiest Retirement Plan: Start Saving Now
When Patient Is Ms. -- Not Mr. -- Celiac Diagnosis Is Delayed
Advanced Ab Workout for Super Core Strength
How to Irrigate Your Colostomy
The Incredibly Simple Thing You Can Do to PreventUTIs
60 Steak Tattoo Ideas For Men – Meaty Designs
6 annoying things you get asked as a bride-to-be
3 Gorgeous Makeup Looks Perfect for Every Day