Mushroom Pate (vegan style)
Mar 10, 2019
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 16 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
Cook Time: 0 hours 20
Total Time: 0 hours 55
2 1/2 c. boiling water
1/2 c. brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
large onion, finely chopped
button mushrooms, finely chopped
cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 c. finely chopped toasted walnuts
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the dried mushrooms and water. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a fine sieve with a coffee filter or paper towels. Set over a medium saucepan. Pour the mushroom liquid through the sieve. Set the mushrooms aside. Add the lentils to the pan.Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Set over medium heat. Add the onion, button mushrooms, reconstituted mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and very soft.
- Transfer the lentils to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the mushroom mixture, walnuts, and salt. Pulse briefly just until combined.
- Spoon into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Video: Mushroom Spread
How to Train for a 5K in 2 Weeks
Understanding Battered Woman Syndrome
How to Get a Guy to Hate You
How to Create Your Own Monster Character
How to Make a Camera Tube Dolly With Extendable Track
Detecting IBS by Listening to Your Gut
How to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness
How to Record a Voice Memo on an iPhone
14 Best Clean Packaged Snacks
Best Foundations Of 2019
Date: 06.12.2018, 15:14 / Views: 73275