Avocado Chicken Burritos with Cilantro Sauce
Avocado & Chicken Wrap
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 238 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 499mg | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 chicken breast, on the bone
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teasoon chili powder
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups chopped bibb lettuce, optional romaine heart
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 8 (8-inch), whole grain tortillas (recipe for homemade tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chili powder. Place in an oven-safe pan, cover, and bake 1 hour, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to cool until it can be handled. Remove skin and discard.
- Remove chicken from the bone and shred into strips, using a fork or hands.
- While the chicken is cooling mash with a fork, chopped avocado, remaining salt and pepper, and lime juice. Pour refried beans into a saucepan, place over medium-low heat and cook just until hot.
- Warm tortillas on a dry skillet over medium heat, for about one minute per side, or just until warmed through. Spread over warm tortillas, equal amounts of refried beans, salsa, lettuce, shredded chicken pieces, tomatoes, and scallions. Top each with mashed avocado mixture. Tuck the end under and roll each wrap to serve. Enjoy!
- Optional toppings: Green yogurt or sour cream, grated cheddar cheese.
Video: Chicken Avocado Wrap | Healthy Lunch Recipe
How to Celebrate Oktoberfest
How to Tell the Difference Between an Astronomer and an Astrologer
How to Use an ATT Mobile Phone Internationally
23 Men Outfits With Shawl Collar Sweaters And Cardigans
Olympic Decathlon: 15 Things You Didnt Know
What To Do If You Get Canker Sores
Bella and Gigi Hadid Take Suit Dressing To The Next Level in Paris
Child Star Priscilla Betti Grows Up In Style
How to Use Spices in Cookery
Salad Recipes Worth Making for Dinner
Exercise and Diet for Weight Loss
Diane von Furstenberg SpringSummer 2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week